Hi Bill,

I've done it before - so I'm not sure why it doesn't
work now. And as I explained if I set the pixel length
value on the left it starts the bkgd from that length
value and repeats-y but it doesn't seem to want to
start from the top length value I gave it. I've done
it before so I don't know what it wont' work now.

If you look at the CSS for this site that I did you'll
see what I mean: http://thanksgivingbuffet.com/
http://thanksgivingbuffet.com/css/tgb.css

Unless, the limitation is that you can't have a bkgd
repeat-y from any other place than the top and vice
versa. But I don't know.

If I had written the actual XHTML I would have made it
work differently but, that is the challenge with the
CSS Zen project - it's to take David Shea's code and
manipulate via the CSS only. You can't touch the HTML.

See here: http://www.csszengarden.com/

Elli