On 2008/04/14 19:52 (GMT-0700) David Hucklesby apparently typed:

> On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 18:43:14 -0500, Alan Gutierrez wrote:

>> I'm noticing that when I specify font sizes using em, they are slightly
>> smaller in Firefox than in Safari. This becomes a problem when the font
>> sizes get smaller. In Safari they are the right size, but in Firefox
>> they are almost illegible.

> Yes. I have noticed that, even using carefully calculated EMs or percents,
>  there are differences between browsers. But this is usually only by one
> pixel, and seems to be due to (1) the number of decimal places a browser
> actually uses, and (2) how a particular browser rounds the calculated
> resulting font-size to come up with a whole number of pixels.

Browser rounding differs not only by browser, but also by platform. Now that
Safari exists on both doz and Mac, one must be specific discussing what
"Safari" does. "Safari" (v3.x) seems to round on doz identically to FF, while
on Mac noticeably not identical: http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Fnt/rounding-SS.html

Hopefully this FF difference will disappear in FF3, but not having a new
enough OS X version to run FF3, I can't test for any difference.
--
"Either the constitution controls the judges, or the
judges rewrite the constitution." Judge Robert Bork

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/