I'm still going through the "Beginning CSS Web Development" book. I
have two problems, but I have to get the first one answered before I
can go on to the second one.

I am working through an exercise that uses a background image with a
repeat-y to create faux columns. Here is the page:

http://home.comcast.net/~prairiedream/beginning/faux.html

and here is the CSS:

http://home.comcast.net/~prairiedream/beginning/faux.css

My problem right now is that the background image isn't showing at
all. I have faux.gif in a folder titled "images" like this:

/beginning/images/faux.gif

I also tried it like this:  /images/faux.gif (not in the the
"beginning" folder). Both ways, the background image does not show.
The image is a dark gray and a lighter gray column that should show
up in the content section.

Can anyone see what the problem might be?

I apologize for these very basic, newbie questions, but you have been
very helpful to me so far and I appreciate it,

Carol