On Wednesday 16 April 2008 1:09 am John Griessen wrote:
> Thierry Koblentz wrote:
> > What about a simple:
> >
> > <!--[if !IE]>
> > ... anything at all, including css here
> > <![endif]-->
>
> This short one looks good...  As I understand this, it goes in default.css,
> so what else besides css code would you want to put here?
>
> John Griessen
> css newbie building his own selling web site.

<!-- --> style comments go in the HTML file, not the css file.  You can put a
<link rel="stylesheet" ... (/)> in there if you need, but only IE supports
these type of conditional comments, so you need to use [if IE].  Here is how
you would build up the logic of the expression:

We have to start with:

<!--[if IE]>

Now IE thinks we are not in a comment, and the rest do.

Now IE has started a comment, and <! is ignored by the rest, so they now think
they are not in a comment.

You mirror this with the closing tag:

...seen by everything except IE...

Nicholas