Since I was likely too verbose with my original post, here's a cut-down
version of my IE6 (and IE7) issue:

   - Primary problem - nested lists don't display correctly, particularly
   the 2nd line item beneath "Services" and "Workshops" (extra bottom padding,
   hover quirks).  Curiously, nested list beneath "Resources" works fine!
   - Minor irritant - when the currently-displayed page is the "parent"
   li of a nested list, the effect that shows which link is currently displayed
   encases the nested list, as well.
   - Minor irritant - The hover effect only works on the text of the line
   item, rather than the entire "button" area.

http://www.unemployedhelp.on.ca/clientjobworkshop.html (one of the pages
that shows the primary problem).

http://www.unemployedhelp.on.ca/images/clientstyle.css (the stylesheet, see
lines 590-637, and 681-690).