Other site launched. This one is about ready to start building out. I
have this page that is already using background images galore, with
other images placed on top. I reconstructed the background so it
wasn't nearly as sliced and diced. Now it's just in two pieces, a top
and a bottom. I have it in two pieces because on some pages, the
vertical height of the containerTop needs to expand.

I've created a sliver .gif of just the black/white/black, although
when I try to use it (it's assuredly my error), it's just white, and
the black doesn't show. This way, when the top div expands vertically
to fit the content, I don't end up with the blue background showing
through in the middle.

I tried creating a div that would be in between the wrapper div and
the container top div that would contain this sliver, so as the page
grows downward, this sliver would fill in. It doesn't seem to be
working that way. I'm just seeing an entire area of white on the left.
What's screwing me up is the negative margin for the image that hangs
off of the frame.

I keep staring at this, thinking that there has to be something simple
that I'm missing.

Can someone please look at this with a fresh eye while I work on the
navigation? I did not create this site, and have been given bits and
pieces to recontsr

http://mdh-test.com/Quiel/index2.shtml
http://mdh-test.com/Quiel/quiel.css
http://mdh-test.com/Quiel/images/fill.gif