Hello,
I am trying to determine the best way to represent a left-hand
vertical navigation menu with XHTML/CSS.  It seems the most popular
form is an unordered list, but there are some advocates of a
definition list.  I'm trying to find information about the advantages
and disadvantages of either implementation.  In my case, I'm looking
at a two-level type of navigation.  For example, there would be 6
sections to a site, and each section may have up to 3 sub-sections.
That seems to call for an unordered list, but I wanted to see what the
community at large here does.

I tried to find more information by searching through the CSS-d
archives and the CSS-d wiki, but I haven't found anything that
answering my question.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

--Stephen