Here's an issue that's been puzzling my mind for a few days: How do
speakers of RTL languages use an online HTML source editor?

Take this example: http://lensco.be/lensco.be/test/html_in_RTL_textarea/
It's nothing more than a bit of valid html inside a textarea. This is
the way virtually all online HTML source editors work. But in an RTL
context, the display is utterly wrong. It doesn't matter which
language you type or what browser you use, the link markup *looks*
wrong.

I had to investigate this deeper, so I installed a Hebrew version of
Wordpress locally. Now whether you use the visual editor or the plain
HTML source editor, when you put in a link (or some other html tag
with attributes), the markup *looks* completely wrong. Have a look:
http://lensco.be/lensco.be/test/html_in_RTL_textarea/wordpress_editor.png

I emphasized the fact that it looks wrong, because if you save this,
the output will be 100% correct and valid HTML. Now, I don't question
the fact that the browsers do behave like they should do by the book,
but it makes me wonder if it's impossible/impractical to use an online
HTML editor in RTL languages?

(I'm asking this because we use a homemade translate tool at work that
has some bits of HTML mixed with the text. Our Arabic translator was
going nuts over all the cut up markup.)