Your code was a bit difficult to download and follow, due to your use of
frames. You might consider using a no-frames construct using CSS only, to
obtain the same effect. Not only would it be in line with current thinking, it
would make it more accessible to search engines. an example of a frame
conversion can be found at: <www.thatsentertainmentproductions.co.uk> and the
style sheet is at:
<www.thatsentertainmentproductions.co.uk/scripts/stylesheet.css >

What I've found so far is as follows:

I notice that in: http://arithmetic.890m.com you use the line: <h3
align="center" ><font color="black"><..................................
where you would be far better defining the style for <h3> in your stylesheet,
either in a global definition for <h3> or in a <div h3>
e.g.

(CSS)
.thisclassforh3 h3 {
color:black;
text-align:center;
}
(HTML)

Current thinking removes styling and positioning from HTML and puts it where it
belongs- in CSS. This of course won't cure your clock problem. :-)

In http://arithmetic.890m.com you have not closed the line: <frame
class="buttons" src="ButtonsPage.htm" name="buttons" id="buttons"/> properly.
For XHTML 1.0 Transitional, there should be a space before the last "/" e.g.
<frame class="buttons" src="ButtonsPage.htm" name="buttons" id="buttons" />
although this is probably not enough to 'stop the clock'. :-)

Your clock problem is probably due to a lack of interaction between JavaScript
and CSS, so fortunately it's on topic for this forum. :-)

In <ButtonsPage.htm> you have a chunk starting:

but you have not defined the class <.clockface> in your stylesheet. This is
possibly what the JavaScript doesn't like. Why Opera performs, I don't know.
Perhaps it's just slightly more tolerant of missing classes?

Regards,

Alan.

www.theatreorgans.co.uk
www.virtualtheatreorgans.com
Admin: ConnArtistes, UKShopsmiths, 2nd Touch & A-P groups
Shopsmith 520 + bits
Flatulus Antiquitus