unfortunately i have no URL to show as it's an intranet but my problem is
this:

i have a 'dropdown' that when visible has a z-index of 2 that overlaps a DIV
with no z-index set but is appearing above the 'dropdowns' (in IE anyway).
easy to fix by putting a z-index of -1 on the offending DIV. the trouble
with that is that our print function <asp:HyperLink ID="lblPrinterFriendly"
runat="server" Text="Print" NavigateUrl="javascript:void openNewWindow();"
/>stops working :( any ideas why? is there an issue with negative z-index
and hyperlinkslinks in IE?

p.s. the solution only needs to work in IE6 & IE7. no other browsers are
supported for this application.

--
Vincent Pollard
http://www.ithinkx.co.uk