[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> Since css-discuss is a teaching list... and I'm a  newbie too... could you
> send me the css that corrected the problem  below?
>
> Thanks a bunch!!
> Susan

Sure thing!

In this case, the source was ultimately the real problem, not so much the CSS.
Deprecated tags and non-semantic element usage created a difficult-to-style tag
soup of sorts. A four column layout can grow quite complex rather quickly so
having a well thought-out plan of attack in your source development can benefit
the styling immensely.

I cleaned it up some and moved it into my ever-more-pompous-sounding holier
grail framework, the results of which can be found here:
http://www.theholiergrail.com/tests/nwbc/index.php

I haven't heard back from her yet, but it seems fine on my systems.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted.
--Bill