> Last, I do know that the BOTTOM property is being honored, where I'm not
> trying to stretch something to fill the viewport, because the footer is
> fixed to the bottom of the viewport as it should be.

Hi Rob,

Nice site. I like the overall look and feel, now...onto your troubles.

Your problem with this design begins with #page-bg-body which does not have an
explicit height setting. IE6 will honor top OR bottom settings with absolute
positioned boxes, but as you're finding out, it does not calculate height when
both properties are set.

This breaks your layout because the #body-contents box which DOES have a height
set explicitly in your style sheet cannot calculate 100% of NULL, which is the
value of the #page-bg-body box. Thus in IE6, it defaults to visible overflow.

In this case, you might want to try using CSS expressions to feed IE6 a line of
style that it could evaluate, thus calculating the height it should be, minus
your header and footer (I didn't analyze these components very closely so
forgive me if the IDs are wrong).

If you have trouble finding info on CSS expressions in IE or with creating the
expression code, let me know -- I should be able to whip something up for you.

Hope it helps!
Bill Brown
TheHolierGrail.com