At 3:17 PM +0100 5/18/08, Alan K Baker wrote:
>There may be one complication in that (if you've ever seen one of
>these instruments) the console is shaped like a horseshoe, and the
>backboard which contains all of the tabs is semi-circular, which
>means that the tabs nearer the left and right sides are turned
>inwards by varying degrees. I'm aiming at future expansion which
>would mean many more tabs, and as with the real thing, they simply
>won't fit in a straight line in the available space. Although it's
>straightforward enough to rotate the images, as they will still be
>in straight-sided containers, it may prove quite difficult to make
>the 'squares' overlap, using <li>s alone. Further comments
>appreciated.

Alan:

These are only images. They can be arranged any way you want with
rollovers anywhere you want.

Your semi-circular tabs are quite simple as compared to this:

http://webbytedd.com/bbb/map/

You see, all of what you described can be accomplished with css.
Everything you need to do is illustrated in this link.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------