Ryan Oswald wrote:
> hello,
> I'm trying to create a diminishing lead-in paragraph like this:
> http://www.ozworkz.com/temp/leadin.png
>
> I'm not sure how to go about doing this correctly with xhtml/css.
> Also, I imagine that browser text size increase/decrease would just
> screw it up.
> So is something like this even possible?

It is possible to get the diminishing font size part of it quite easily
(see below).
Providing you can live with not setting a restrictive width for the
division the text is enclosed in;
and, can live with flush left/scatter right (text-align:left; rather
than text-align:justify;) the text will scale up /or/ down.
Otherwise, I am afraid you are out of luck...

CSS
body {font: 100% sans-serif;}
p {margin: 0;}
p.c1 {font-size: 130%;}