On May 23, 2008, at 7:34 AM, e h wrote:

> I have had a website up and running for ages, www.brierleywines.com
> (css iswww.brierleywines.com/images/brierley.css).  It is quite
> basic, and I have never had any issues with it before, but now the
> background colour and gradient image for the <body> are not showing
> up in the newest (2.0.0.14) Firefox and IE browsers - it appears
> when I load the working copy from my hard drive into firefox, but
> not via the internet/server.  The host I'm using does have an
> advertising banner at the top, but I've checked the html adjustments
> that it makes and can't find any issues here, (although it's a
> possibility, checked via 'view source').

Your host _is_ the problem.
Their scripts are injecting ads into your stylesheet, at the very top
of it. As a result, any browser things that all that ad-crap is part
of the first selector (body in an 'unedited' stylesheet).

Time to look for a better host, I think.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
http://l-c-n.com/