On May 24, 2008, at 3:26 AM, Mary Ellen Curtin wrote:

> I have a 2-cell table I am trying to style with css:
> http://datagnostics.com/test/tablecells.html
>
> What I want is:
> 1. table width is fixed
> 2. cell with image in it is just the width of the image, even if I
> don't
> know ahead of time how wide the image will be.
> 3. the other cell should adjust its width as necessary.
>
> How do I do this so it works in both IE6 & IE7, as well as
> standards-compliant browsers?

Is the cell containing the image always in the same column ?
Then this out to work, I think:
<http://dev.l-c-n.com/_temp/tablecells.html>

Basically, lock down the width of the column to something narrow; the
cell(s) will expand to the width of the largest image. I use the <col>
element to do this.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh