Daniel Kessler wrote:
> I have added a side image to my left column (2-column  format).  I
> cannot get it to stick to the footer black bar.  Also, when I added
> it, a gap appeared between the content and the header.
> Any help on making it stick to the footer bar and the gap would be
> appreciated.

RE: <http://sph.umd.edu/events/wellness/>

You seem to be tripping over the complexity of your stuff and the need
to clear that stuff.

This is /one way/ to stick the bottom of the plant to the top of the
footer, more or less, regardless of the amount of content in the right
column:

Make the primary content first in the source. Put the plant at the
bottom of the primary content. Then literally "throw" the plant to the
bottom of the adjacent side column at the top of the footer...

<http://www.chelseacreekstudio.com/ca/cssd/a.html>
Cursory checked in Mac Opera, FF, Safari; and XP IE/7 & IE/6.

HTH.

--
http://chelseacreekstudio.com/