Tracey Adams wrote:

> I have found out how to do it and it's pretty simple. Use an inline
> style=width with your image style.

I don't think it's relevant how we set an explicit px valued width; we
could set it on the caption text directly (if we also set display: block
for it), or on its block-level container, and we could use inline styles
or an external style sheet (or <style> element) with suitable class
attributes.

What matters is that if you set an explicit px valued width, then you
have hard-wired the image's width into the document or its style sheet.
People often want to avoid that. On the other hand, as I mentioned, it
is generally useful to specify the dimensions of images in markup or CSS
anyway.

Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/