Rebecca Richter wrote:
> http://www.blackfootchallenge.org/rebeccatest/homepage1_test.html
>
> My navigation with dropdowns is giving me some issues:
>
> In FF, looks generally o.k., but hovering on the dropdown list items adds in
> some undesireable margins and padding, though I can't find where those are
> in the CSS. IE 7 shows many more problems. Too much padding above
> "smallnav", dropdowns on "nav" appear too high, and rollovers are not clean,
> margin of the first navigation item should be against left edge.
>
> Help!
>
> -Becca

Difficult to shove 5lbs of apples in a 3lb bag.

If you are up for it, I'd suggest splitting the one bank of 9 links into
two banks.  It will, at least,  give  users the ability to scale the
fonts just a little before the whole thing turns into an explosion in a
jigsaw puzzle factory.
This [1] seems to be working, more or less, in IE/6 & IE/7, Safari, and
Mac FF. The menus are a spin on this [2], rather than the menu you used.

[1] <http://www.chelseacreekstudio.com/ca/cssd/e.html>
[2] <http://sperling.com/examples/menuh/>

--
http://chelseacreekstudio.com/