David Terrell wrote:

> I have an issue with a negative margin in IE. I have this site set up
> so that the navigation falls back on top of the header [...]

> http://www.lyramid.com/test

The following additions/corrections should bring IE in line with the
others, or the other way round...

#menu {
background: transparent;
float: left;
margin-top: -17px;
margin-left: 0;
}

#nav {
margin: 0 0 0 26px;
padding: 0;
height: 40px;
overflow: hidden;
}

That'll take care of IE's need for "Layout", and level out the various
margin and padding defaults on lists. It will also control IE6'
"auto-expansion" bug.

----

If you also want the page/layout as a whole to behave properly - not
having parts displaced if window-width is changed in IE, you should make
the following corrections...

body {
/* width: 800px;
margin: 0 auto; delete these */
}

#container {
/* left:50%; delete this */
margin: 0 auto; /* add this */
}

It would also be a good idea to put comments in those empty divs...

...to prevent "auto-expansion" in IE6.
Once you put some real content in there the comments can be deleted.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no