--- On Fri, 6/13/08, Michelle Cole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://www.actingforreal.com/wordpress/
>
> it's validating just fine, but for some reason, the
> main content is
> dropping (on the left side) below the sidebar on the right.
>  Now,
> *normally* this would be due to some clearing element, or
> something
> being too wide for the area it's in, but when that
> happens, it's
> usually the *right* side that drops, not the left...AND
> there's no
> clearing element (and nothing's too wide - or if it is,
> I haven't
> found it yet).

Hi Michelle. The main content drops down because, even though its been
positioned on the left, it occurs later on in document order. So it does look
as though there's a 'too wide to float' problem going on here.

I've taken a quick look at your CSS, and I cannot work out what the need for
the 'narrow container (#inner) + negative margin' is. Can you not just remove
the width and padding on inner, and remove the big negative margin on #left?
When I do this in Firefox, everything displays fine, and I guess it will play
nicer with IE, unless there's a driver for this that I just cannot see.