Chris Akins wrote:
> I don't consider anything on that page to be tabular really. I think you
> should go with CSS and no tables.
>
> On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 1:59 PM, Juanita <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We're redesigning our recently redesigned (1 year old) site from a 2
>> column to a 3 column site.
>>
>> Here is the current site, www.kcsm.org in which the main content is
>> database generated into tables, and then the tables are styled with CSS.
>>
>> My co-worker and I are trying to decide if this database content is really
>> tabular data and we should continue to have it in tables, or if we should
>> instead use pure CSS to style what is really only 4 elements:
>>
>> 1. Title
>> 2. Date/Time
>> 3. Image (always the same size)
>> 4. text tease
>>
>> Your opinion's are greatly appreciated.

Hi Juanita,

Just like Chris said. I mean you could display this data as tabular
data, but then it would really need to look like a table, with a table
header and rows below. Like a typical Excel Sheet. So it depends on how
you output the data you have in the database.

The way you are displaying the data on the site is not tabular, so best
pratice would be to convert it all to a CSS layout consisting of div and
    ul listing elements. Complex table rendering is still a factor in
Excel Sheet form, one should not be using tables to define the structure.

regards, Jens