Stuart King wrote:
> Style sheets - This is a problem I am struggling with. What do you do when
> different pages have slightly different layouts and positioning? Do you have
> one style sheets that you maintain externally or several? Are there any
> articles on this or do you have some insight?
> thank you.
>
> --s

Hi Stuart,
You can ofcourse maintain stylesheets externally.
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/present/styles.html#style-external

Example:
<head>
<LINK href="mystyle.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen">
</head>

This way you seperate the styles from the HTML Files and can maintain
them in one place. You can add as many stylesheet references as you want
that way, in the header section of your HTML/XHTML document. The path to
the stylesheet needs to be relative to the HTML/XHTML file, or absolute
to the website root

Relative:
<LINK href="../css/mystyle.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
media="screen">
Absolute:
<LINK href="/css/mystyle.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
media="screen">

regards, Jens