zaheer ahmad wrote:
> hi,
> i have an issue of overlapping content displayed in my test mobile browser.
> usecase: Goto rediff.com-> search "hello"-> the page is displayed with
> advertisements overlapped
> Firefox also overlaps the content in this page if we start resizing the
> window from the right side.
> would like to know the styling that would lead to such behavior
> appreciate any inputs.
> thanks,
> Zaheer

Zaheer,

It's difficult to say. There's a myriad of style configurations which
could produce such results. Your page is incredibly difficult to
analyze; validating the HTML produces an extraordinary number of errors:

218 on the rediff.com home page:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rediff.com%2F&charset=iso-8859-1&doctype=Inline&group=0&verbose=1
(fails on utf-8, routed to iso-8859-1 charset)

95 after searching for 'hello':
http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch1.rediff.com%2Fdirsrch%2Fdefault.asp%3FMT%3Dhello

Obviously, any one of this issues could be contributing to your
problems. I would suggest fixing the errors in the source before trying
to troubleshoot the CSS.

Hope it helps.
--Bill

--