On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 9:07 AM, Suzie Henderson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 2:16 AM, fede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Everyone, I have a problem with a table in a liquid layout.
>> The layout is made by a left column (200px) and a right liquid colum. Body
>> has a margin (left-right 5%) to ensure the liquidity.
>> Inside the right column I have a div (width auto) containing a table. When
>> the table is rich of data and so it grows in width, It breaks the layout. So
>> it'is no more contained in the box and the left part of the table has no
>> background color (of table containing div).
>>
>> Is it possible that table enlarges the right-column?
>>
>> Here is the online code (incorporated css)
>> http://www.fedegrafia.com/forum/tabella_css.htm
>

> Fedegrafo,
>
> I have an identical problem not with a table but with an oversize image.
>
> My problem:
> I have one known issue. There's probably a term for it but I don't
> know it, so here's a .jpg of the intermittent behavior.
> http://www.txfannin.org/problempage.jpg
> Once I expand the window to full width, the background corrects itself
> and stays corrected.
>
> My page:
> [Biographical Souvenir Page]  (where the intermittent problem shows up
> on the .jpg above)
> http://www.txfannin.org/book/souvenir/s325.html
>

> Someone sent me this code this morning. I HAVE NOT TRIED IT YET, but
> he says it works on my page. I will be gone to a meeting for 4 hours
> or so....so I can't test on my page until later today.
>
>  His reply:
>>
>> I have played around with your page in FF and the fix is.
>>
>> body {float:left;}
>>
>> and for the contents change the padding from a percentage to pixels.
>>
>> #content {padding:3%;}

>> #content {padding:3px;}

Success!

I stole a copy of Fedegrafo's code and added
body {float:left;}
and it was MAGIC!
Everything back in order.  I did not mess with the padding but the
float:left took care of getting the background to stay behind the
table. [You can start looking forward to Monday Fedegrafo!]

On my problem, I added:
body {float:left;}
The background problem disappeared but the padding did need adjustment
as predicted both in the main content section and in the left sidebar.
A quick fix by visually tweaking pixels and I was back in business.

Fedegrafo will have to post his fixed image on Monday for all of you
to admire. Mine will be up sometime later today. I'll leave the .jpg
image of the pre-fixed page up for late comers to see the problem.
http://www.txfannin.org/problempage.jpg
http://www.txfannin.org/book/souvenir/s325.html

Suzie