this is a good way to get a consistent font size:

* {
    font-size: 100.01%; /*
http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=InternetExplorerWinBugs */
}

html { /*
http://trevordavis.net/blog/tutorial/the-6-most-important-css-techniques-you-need-to-know/
*/
    font-size: 62.5%; /* will set your font-size to 10 pixels */
}
body {
    font-size:1.2em; /* will set your font-size to 12 pixels */
}