J.C. Johnson wrote:

> From everything I can find, border-spacing is still not supported by
> IE, correct?

Correct.

> Is there a workaround for this that allows for different
> vertical and horizontal spacing?

The simplest workaround I can figure out is to use extra markup within
each cell, setting the desired border properties on that extra element
and margins for it, and setting no border for cells and no spacing
between the cells.

> The css I've got (working on everything except IE) is:
>
> table {
>   border-collapse: separate;
>   border-spacing: 0 10px;
> }
>
> I just need to replicate this on IE. :-/

The clumsy workaround that I have in mind would be something like the
following:

(and ditto for <th> if present). For the table use <table class="foo">,
with something sensible instead of "foo". In CSS, use something like

.foo    { border-collapse: collapse;
          border: none; }
.foo td { border: none;
          padding: 0; }
.td     {  margin: 5px 0;
          padding: 1px; }

Note: 5px top and bottom margin correspond to 10px in your example,
because these margins do not collapse. The 1px padding is there to
simulate the default cell padding in most browsers. Naturally, if you
want borders on the cells, you set the border property for .td ("fake
cells" so to say).

Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/