On 8/7/08 10:16 PM, "David Laakso" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Brian Gilbert wrote:
>>
>> Thank you for your very welcomed input.  You donĀ¹t by any chance have a good
>> method for creating a drop shadow for the main content div26 do you?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Brian

> Name stuff whatever you like,  but isn't calling the very 1st division
> to open and the last division close /div26/ a little confusing?
> Fwiw, on the example I put up it's called #page:
> <http://www.chelseacreekstudio.com/ca/cssd/n.htm>
>
> You could make a small shadow image with photoshop. Position it in the
> css as a background-image [1] at the bottom and repeating on the y-axis
> of div26.
> [1]
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/colors.html>
>
> You could instead create a drop shadow on the division using css (no
> image needed).
> This is an example [2] of same by Stu Nicholls
> [2]
> <http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/shadow.html>
>
> PS
> For a lot of reasons please reply to the list, as well as me. Writing
> your reply /below/ the person to whom you reply is appreciated.

Dear David,

Thank you for taking the time to create the example.  I have been playing
around with it, trying to resize various components and change their content
without much success.  I find that once I start changing either of those
things the layout goes all over the place and the auto centering no longer
functions.

If its not to much trouble could you describe that basic steps that are
required to build a auto centering page from scratch and how best to name
the various divs so that I can understand how the structure works and how it
can be modifies and built upon?

Thanks,
Brian