On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:23:08 -0400, Sohail Aboobaker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks to help from many on this list, I was able to get most of the corners
> done
> except some last issues with IE. Please have a look at
> http://www.newwavecell.com/15jul08/Index.html.
>
> Why do I see extra white borders on both pannel one and pannel two in IE and
> how do I
> get rid of these?

Yes - I see it in IE6 now.

The #siabpannel1 has width: 188px; and the contained #siabsecnav has
width: 100%; -- making it 188px also. But it has additional padding and
margins that make it take up an extra 16px. Well-behaved browsers simply
overflow the content, while IE6 famously expands the container. That
is where your white vertical line comes from.

I suspect something similar happens with #siabpannel2.

Fixes:
Make the content fit its container;
or add overflow-x: hidden; to the container.

The first fix is preferable, methinks.

BTW - the center column drops at window widths less than about 966px
in IE 6 -- but not in IE 5.5 or IE 7... ???

Cordially,
David