morten wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> Thanks for your tip, it actually realigned the text. BUT now with 3px
> gap all the way down. This is easier to live with, but I would be happy
> to completely rid of those 3px as it still means a difference between
> IE6 and other browsers.
>
> /Morten

Hi Morten,

Yeah, I see what you mean. I played with it...I'd have to look into a
little more to see exactly what IE is doing there.

In the meanwhile, included below is the code I would use to accomplish
that setup. Admittedly, I have not tested it in IE/anything for Mac. I
pretty much consider that a dead browser [1] and don't generally code to
support it. That being said, the hack I used to get IE to recognize the
float switch behavior could be replaced with a hack which is compatible
with IE5/mac.

[1] - "Hail and Farewell"
http://meyerweb.com/eric/thoughts/2003b.html#t20030614

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC
          "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
          "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>
<head>
<title>CSS-d - 3px Jog Bug Demo for Morten</title>
      content="text/html;charset=iso-8859-1"/>
#pageFrame {
  border:                    5px solid #ff0000;
  display:                   inline-block;
  height:                    auto !important;
  height:                    1%;
  overflow:                  hidden;
  padding-left:              200px;
  }
#pageFrame {display:         block}
#menuFrame {
  border-top:                5px solid #ff7500;
  display:                   inline;
  float:                     left;
  margin-left:               -200px;
  position:                  relative;
  width:                     200px;
  }
#mainFrame {
  border-top:                5px solid #ffff00;
  }
#menuFrame p {
  border-top:                5px solid #00ff00;
  margin:                    0;
  }
#mainFrame p {
  border-top:                5px solid #0000ff;
  margin:                    0;
  }
</head><body>

Hope it helps!