On 29 Jul 2008, at 16:17, Bill Brown wrote:

> good one wrote:
>> Bill that is execptionally kind of you I attach the file, I tried
>> geocities but it is useless as it puts in all of its ads so it
>> completely messes up the css and html(a bit like hotmail). Thank you
>> VERY much, Kind Regards, Ed
>
> Ed,
>
> You're quite welcome. I've published it here:
> http://www.theholiergrail.com/cssd/goodone.html

 From where I'm looking, Firefox Mac 1.5 and 2.0 do not render
Helvetica with font-smoothing at this size (80% of 100%). If bumped
up to 81.25% (i.e. displaying at 13px with the browser default 16px
size) smoothing kicks in.

Also, line-height does not match other browsers. Setting line-height
to 1.154em or thereabouts brings it into line.

Firefox 3 Mac smooths OK but requires extra line-height.

Graphic portrayal here:

http://www.bloog.co.uk/3rd/goodone_helvetica.png

Easiest solution though is to give Arial precedence over Helvetica in
the body.

Jonny