Another brief tutorial on this topic is at
http://www.search-this.com/2007/06/13/css-current-page-indicator/. It is
very straightforward -- you can add pages to your nav menu as long as
you give the body of your new page a class, and also class the link.
Then you have to add a rule about the page to your css file.

I used this procedure NOT to change the color of the link, but to remove
it from the nav menu altogether. Instead of giving a different color, I
just set the link to "display: none;" which appears to have no ill
effects. I guess that's not a very good approach (though it is what was
asked for by the client), because a new visitor who says "Where the heck
am I" might not immediately be able to tell.

Jim Swanson