In looking at it a bit more, I realize that the problem I'm having is
that the single pixel div, which is empty but uses back-color to make
the single-pixel bar, doesn't use the height I give it or doesn't use
it as 1px;
How do you then make a single pixel bar in css on ie7, like I have in
the image version of this.

On Aug 15, 2008, at 12:16 PM, Alan Gresley wrote:

> Daniel Kessler wrote:
>> The css version is on the top and the image version on the bottom:
>> http://www.sph.umd.edu/studentservices/CareerExpo/blocks/
>> expo_sign.cfm
>

> Just a case of invalid markup and error recovery.

>       background-color:#FFFFFF;">*</div>2008
>

> The year 2008 belongs where the asterisks is. BTW, the background-
> color
> needs to be removed.
>

> --
> Alan http://css-class.com/
>
> Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's
> character, give him power - Abraham Lincoln

Daniel Kessler

University of Maryland College Park
School of Public Health
3302E SPH Building