> Del Wegener wrote:
>> I got it to work--almost.  The graphic is in the foreground.
>>
>> Please look at
>> http://www.edi-cp.com/newtech/test4_background_header.shtml
>>
>> In both IE7 and FF3 it looks okay if no zooming is taking place.
>> In FF, the blue box stays in the proper relation to the graphic through
>> all zooms, etc
>> But the blue box does not stay in the proper position in IE.
>> How do I fix this?
>>
>> Del
>>

> FWIW, testing in IE/6, IE/7 and compliant browsers with a ten-item list
> with all text throughout set at 200%.
>
> <http://www.chelseacreekstudio.com/ca/cssd/toy.htm>

Good Afternoon;

David I worked with your example all morning and finally got my header and
menu combination to work.
http://www.edi-cp.com/newtech/david_source2.html
I ditched the idea of a div to contain the menu.

I do not understand why this menu will withstand all forms of zooming and
the two pieces stay in the same relative position  HOWEVER it will not work
if the menu is replaced with a div.
Do you know the answer and would you share it?

Del