Gianni Wise wrote:
> Basically I have 2 divs - right  and left inside a main content div
> which has a white background color. The white bground content div
> does not go right down to the footer. It works OK in Dreamweaver but
> not in Fireworks or Safari (latest versions). But it is OK in IE 5.2
> for a mac..
> The URL is: http://www.person2person.net.au/counselling.html
> I know my code is a bit messy in parts as I tried to compensate.

You can't trust any editor's viewer, not even DWs. Test only in your
target browsers.

Add to provide default browser margin/padding:
html, body {margin:0;padding:0;}

#content{
overflow:hidden; <----:: add to contain the floats
 }

Amend:

#footer{
padding: 10px 0; <-------------::add
 /*width:110%;*/<-------------::delete
width:100%;<-------------::add
/*height:20px;*/<-------------::delete
clear:both;
}

#footerInner{
/*height:10px;*/<-------------::delete
}

Validate the CSS.
Ditch the "rivers"
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_(typography)>
Pixel line-height makes all ver IE & Opera go goofy when fonts are scaled.
Pixel font-sizes are not user friendly in any ver IE.