Greetings ­ Can you tell me what is wrong with the following conditional
comments for IE? It appears near the top of my Head for each HTML page,
below META tags and Title.
The standard css file is overriding the IE6 and IE7 specific versions. For
example, if I give the body a green border in the IE6 style sheet, it shows
in IE6 only. But if I then add a different colored border to the standard
style sheet, it overrides the border specified in the IE6 style sheet. Hope
that makes sense. Thanks.

<code>

<!--[if IE 6]>
<link href="css/avalon_ie6.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
media="screen" />
<![endif]-->

<!--[if IE 7]>
<link href="css/avalon_ie7.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
media="screen" />
<![endif]-->

<link href="css/avalon.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen"
/>

</code>