Thank you Dmitry Demeshkin and Ingo Chao.
So, here's the problems and solutions again:

In IE 6 and 7:
#main-image not positioned right
Solution:
#additional-content {position:relative; width:450px; }
#home #main-image {position: absolute; top:0; left:0;}

divs pushed down
Solution: declared .prepend-1, .prepend-2, .prepend-3  {padding-left:
0;} in my ie.css

one of the texts pushed down in the gallery
Solution: removed class="span-2"

In Opera (and Safari):
Logo is not position correctly
Solution: #branding a {display: block;}

Gallery's stage positioned too much to the left instead of right:
Solution:
I couldn't use display: block; which was the solution for the first
problem, so instead I declared div.inner {width: 100%;}
and to avoid width and paddings in the same rule, I redefined the
padding on the child elements

Last Problem: Navigation rounded corners.
Solution: added color to the background rule.
So in my case it was: background: white url(../img/rounded-left.gif)
no-repeat left bottom;

But I still have 2 last problems in IE -- if anyone has a minute to
have a minute to have a look:
The logo is appearing behind the main image on the home page -- even
though it has higher z-index
and on the gallery page, the stage images line up good when the page
loads -- but if you leave the page on for a little while, the top
background image appears and continues below the stage.

> The site is at: http://designbyelle.com.au/poinciana/

Thanks once again,
Elle