On Aug 29, 2008, at 3:50 PM, Kim Brooks Wei wrote:

> Hi People,
>
> I'm getting bizarre message from the validator when I try to validate
> my css for
> http://blackboxnyc.com/soulsearching/ and
> http://blackboxnyc.com
>
> I get error message that I have many errors and wrong values entered
> - which I don't see in my files. When I enter the uri
> http://blackboxnyc.com/soulsearching/soulsearching.css directly into
> the validator page http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ I get messages
> that my page cannot be found.
>
> But the page is accessible directly through its URI and my html pages
> are styled. When I validated a different page http://thewei.com it
> validated with no problem.

Validating by URI seems to be a problem. The CSS validator has been
acting up of late (server side issues).
Validating your stylesheet by inputting it in he textarea works fine
<http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/#validate_by_input>

and returns two errors and some warnings.

One error the validator didn't catch (it gives only a warning, it
can't really know better):
html, body {
        font: 90%/135% normal verdana, geneva, arial, sans-serif;
The validator gives a warning that the font 'normal verdana' should be
quoted. I'm pretty sure it is an error in the stylesheet: you probably
wanted to write:

font: normal  90%/135% verdana, geneva, arial, sans-serif;

(the keyword 'normal' upfront where it rightly belongs, as you surely
meant font-weight/font-variant/font-style)

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
http://l-c-n.com/