On Sep 4, 2008, at 11:15 PM, Gabriele Romanato wrote:
> Original browsers have their own rendering engine which is unique and
> different from any other
> browser (Firefox, IE, Safari, Opera),

Firefox and Safari use open-source rendering engines, available for
anyone to use. Opera and IE's rendering engines are unique in that
they are closed source and only available to them.

> while clonings have simply copied and
> pasted their rendering
> engine from original browsers ones (K-Meleon, Flock, ecc.)

They didn't 'copy and paste' their rendering engines. They did the
exact same thing Firefox, Safari, Camino and Chrome did: they put an
open-source rendering engine in their browser.

Right now I wouldn't do any serious testing in Chrome as it's beta and
they are a few months behind on their Webkit version. But if it gains
marketshare and they add new CSS features to it and don't push it back
to Webkit, we will probably have to test it too.

Don't be so quick to discount a new browser. It's great to have more
options for users and more competition :)

-Ryan

Ryan Doherty
[EMAIL PROTECTED]