Hi All,

I'm creating a XHTML/CSS template on a proprietary .NET CMS.
I'm now facing bugs in IE7 and IE6, so you can see different problems in
those browsers, in this moment.

I'm now trying to correct the horizontal tab menu in the page at the link
http://portali.ltt.it/aicod/PortaleMuseoBarezzi/antonio_barezzi/articolo.aspx
.
The customer wants to custom the li.sel elements in order to highlight the
link reguarding the page in which you are. In all the browser (except IE7
and IE6) you can see that "Antonio Barezzi" link is highlighted with a
purple rounded corner rectangle. The bg is created by 3 photos to make the
link correctly stretch.

I've tested locally the snippet of code and it worked on FF3, Safari 3.1,
Google Chrome, Opera 9.51, IE7, IE6.
But the online version in IE7 and IE6 doesn't show the "p" and the "a"
elements' background.

The snippets are:

CSS:
#menuheader {
    float: left;
    clear: both;
    height: 39px;
    margin-top: 2px;
}

#menuheader .categorie {
    font-weight: normal;
}

#menuheader .categorie  li {
    float: left;
    padding: 0;
    margin-right: 5px;
}

#menuheader .categorie  li.ultimo {margin-right: 0px;}

#menuheader .categorie  li p {
    display: block;
    font-size: 1.0em;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
}

#menuheader .categorie  li p a {
    display: block;
    color: #ffffff;
    padding: 10px;
    margin: 0 5px;
}

#menuheader .categorie  li.sel {background:
url(../img/pagineinterne/hover_alto_sx.png) no-repeat top left;}
#menuheader .categorie  li.sel p {background:
url(../img/pagineinterne/hover_alto_dx.png) no-repeat top right;}
#menuheader .categorie  li.sel p a {background:
url(../img/pagineinterne/hover_alto_centrale.png) repeat-x top left;}

XHTML 1.0 Strict:
    <ul class="categorie">
        <li class="primo sel"><p><a
href="/aicod/PortaleMuseoBarezzi/antonio_barezzi/default.aspx"><span>Antonio
       <li><p><a
href="/aicod/PortaleMuseoBarezzi/il_museo/default.aspx"><span>Il
       <li><p><a
href="/aicod/PortaleMuseoBarezzi/le_collezioni/default.aspx"><span>Le
       <li><p><a
href="/aicod/PortaleMuseoBarezzi/la_discoteca/default.aspx"><span>La
       <li><p><a
href="/aicod/PortaleMuseoBarezzi/il_catalogo/default.aspx"><span>Il
       <li><p><a
       <li class="ultimo"><p><a
   </ul>

The web designer of my customer had the same problem in a recent project on
the same platform. Could it be a CMS problem? Maybe the CSS has problems
with generated content (since the menu is dinamic)?

--
~ Cristian Palmas ~
http://www.cristianpalmas.it