I often run into something like this:

<ul id="menu">
</ul>

<h1>Fancy Title</h1>

Where I am using floats in the ul menu above. This happens when I am using
columns as well.

The problem is that h1 shows up just to the right of the menu.

To try and correct that - I've added h1 { clear: both } but this obviously
doesn't work. If I wrap the <h1> in a div, then all is well if the div has
style="clear: both" ... but that sounds like html for the sake of style.

I'd like to keep layout OUT of the html but I'm not sure what the common
approach is here ... I've even gone as far as adding

works great ... but isn't elegant and not in the spirit of CSS at all.

Thoughts?

-Luther

*
HOPED FOR:*