Leandro Coutinho wrote:
> I use IE6, and I'm not using any doctype definition.
>
> what I have to do to work in IE7?

No DTD means IE7 and IE6 (and IE8 and probably all future versions) fall
back to a 'quirks mode' rendering pretty similar to that found in IE5.5.
'Quirks mode' means all progress in IE/win stops at around 1999 level -
for ever. "NO DTD" is NOT A GOOD CHOICE in 2008.

No support for 'position: fixed' in any IE in 'quirks mode', so that
property and its behavior has to be simulated.

I always use the simulation method described here...
<http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/wd_additions_15.html>
...as demonstrated here...
<http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/toc_7a.html>
...but note that I only have to simulate 'position: fixed' in IE6 and
older versions, since I code for, and use, a proper DTD. The simulation
method will cover all IE/win versions in 'quirks mode' though.

Some prefer the method described here...
<http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/wd_additions_17.html>
...for whatever reason.

regards
        Georg