I've not used print style sheets before, but I believe you can just
set certain elements to display:none in  your screen stylesheet but
set those same elements to display:anotherValue for whatever the
element is.  So, if you were to put the content you want displayed on
screen in one div that always shows and put the other content in a div
with display:none for the screen stylesheet but display:block for the
print stylesheet, it ought to work.

If the articles are being pulled from a database, you can query for
1-n items which will go in the first, visible box, then the remaining
items (n+1 to the end) would go in the hidden box.

Hope this helps,

Chris A.