--- On Sun, 10/5/08, Tim Dawson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a problem with IE6 displaying (part of) some text
> twice.  The page advertises eight B&B properties, each in
> identical format.   Underneath the last entry, the last
> part of the last line is getting repeated at the top of
> the footer (on the left).

It's IE6's "duplicate characters" bug -- it can happen to the last of a series
of DIVs that are floated left combined with comment-tags in your source code
(see http://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer/dup-characters.html for
details).

All you need to do to fix it, is add the property "display:inline" to your div
"item" (line 21 in the source).