Sandy wrote:

> http://sandyfeldman.com/ondemande/bref.html
>
> I added an em size for the #ondemande span, and now it screws up in
> Opera in a slightly less stupid looking way than before.

> I put the logo in a span and added a width to that, but the right
> side of the banner is wrapping.

Take that extra span out - it doesn't do any good.
Also: clean out the " end tag for element "a" which is not open " that
the HTML validator complains about. Maybe you want an anchor around the
logo, but in that case the "a" start tag is missing.

The reason Opera kicks down the #ondemande span is that #skip takes up
space. Opera comes with a 'minimum font size' default set that is 9 to
11px depending on OS, so your...

#skip {
font-size : 1px;

...fails. That trick also fails in all other browsers that have similar
'minimum font size' options at my end. I set that option to "14px", so
Firefox and Safari do the same as Opera.
IE/win does the same when set to "ignore font sizes in pages".

To fix that line-up, simply pull in the backside on the floating #skip,
by adding...

#skip {margin-right: -1000px;}

...which makes #skip take up zero space.

Here's an illustration on how margins on floats work...
<http://www.gunlaug.no/tos/moa_16.html>

regards
        Georg
--