Hi,

I am new to this dicussion board and this is my first question. I'm following a
tutorial in a book about creating horizontal navigation. Because IE 6 and
earlier does not support the first-child element, the books recommends to apply
a class to the list item to remove the background image in these browsers.
Using conditional comments to apply this workaround seems best, but I cannot
figure out why the background still appears in IE6 and earlier.
he rule in my conditional comments style sheet is:

#breadcrumbs #list-first {
    background: none;
}

I think I also tried just #list-first, as well as a class, .list-first. The
conditional comments is linked AFTER my main style sheet.

Thanks.