Luc wrote:

> Do  you use most of the time borders for debugging? I recall i've
> read somewhere  that's  this  causes side effects on the rest of a
> page and therefore  not  recommended...

Of course it does ... borders take up space and may break tightly
organized layouts. To me that's an excellent reason for using borders
while debugging, so I don't have to introduce other means to the same
effect. Tightly organized layouts tend to break under stress anyway, so
better break them early.

I hardly ever use "developer tools" since they add unnecessary delay to
the debugging process by not allowing me to challenge layouts quickly
and easy enough. I generally find it much quicker to go straight to the
problem - the code, and break everything across the entire browser-land
before introducing fixes that will work in all browsers.

Of course not everything I see out here is worthy of fixing. Some is so
broken (by design) that it is better to start from scratch. Always
another way to achieve the same visual effects, which in most cases is
what it's all about in web design.

> but hey, due to my insanity i'm not the smartest kid on the block ;-)

Sane web designers don't think too much - they copy. Not much progress
in that, but it works - now and then.

Better save your excuses and stay in the circles of designers who beg,
steal and borrow and work hard on understanding how things work.
We may act a bit insane at times, but in the long run our persistence
pays off :-)

regards
        Georg
--