Gunlaug Sørtun wrote:
> RePost wrote:
>
>> Only in IE, my maincontainer (wrapper) div appears to be shifting and
>>  ignoring the tried-and-true "margin: 0 auto;" style.
>>
> IE/win - all versions from IE6 up - will revert to quirks mode when
> there's an HTML comment above the doctype declaration. When in that mode
> IE ignore margin-auto centering and all CSS that's unsupported by
> versions higher than IE5.5.
>
> Get rid of that comment.

Georg, that was way too easy for you.

This comes about due to my misunderstanding of the WordPress template
system. An index page pulls together several other templates, and I'd
placed the comment in the index page, above the include  for the header
template.

But enough about that.

Thanks for your help!