Peter Bradley wrote:

> I have a form that I can't get to format properly in IE (6 or 7).

It looks like you are using a definition list for the form fields. In
addition to being illogical, it also causes trouble in styling. The <dl>
element may have idiosyncratic rendering features in browsers, and using
float often causes browser differences.

It would be _far_ easier (and more logical) to use a table.

If you have been forbidden from using a table, you could use simply <label>
the left with specific width, much the way you are doing now. (Using a table
would be much more flexible, since then a browser would automatically select
the width for the column of labels according to the width requirements of
the longest label.) See a sketchy example at
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/tables.html#css

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/