Gunlaug Sørtun wrote:
> Jim Albert wrote:
>
>> Am I getting close with the following:
>>
>> div.tinyp p { font-size: x-small; font-family:
>> verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif; }
>>
>> And then use it as such: <DIV class="tinyp"><P>I hope this html will
>> use the div "tinyp" class</DIV>
>
> It should work.
>
> The best would be if you presented us with a link the the page you're
> working on, or a reduced example page, so we can see what you're trying
> to achieve.
>
> Adding extra divs is ok, but we generally try to avoid adding any
> unnecessary elements for styling - if at all possible, and instead
> use/reuse existing elements. Easier to show _how_ directly in a simple
> but working page.

I ended up with the following style which solved my problem:
.tiny p { font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:
x-small; }

With this I can simply maintain my use of the "tiny" class and any P
tags within the use of that class will respect the same style. No
additional div tags were necesary.

Thank you very much; your advice was very helpful. It was your tip that
I could define the style of an html element within a class that lead me
to this solution.

--
Jim Albert